Becoming a registered trader

If you run a business selling motor vehicles (for example, cars, trucks, vans, motorbikes), it’s very likely that you’ll need to register as a motor vehicle trader. This applies to both individuals and companies that sell vehicles.

The cost to register as a motor vehicle trader depends on whether it is your first application or a renewal, and whether you are registering as a company or an individual trader. This cost is payable when you first apply, and then every year to renew your registration.

In this section